MULTIDISCIPLINARY FACULTY FELLOWS PROGRAM
2016-2017 FACULTY FELLOWSHIP
Announcement: The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Inc. is
now accepting applications for the AAHHE Junior Faculty Fellows Program for the 2017 AAHHE National Conference. The
conference will be held March 9-11, 2017, at the Hotel Irvine in Irvine, California. Participation
in the Faculty Fellows Program will begin on Wednesday March 8th, continue throughout the conference, and end at noon on Saturday March 11th.
Fellowship Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Hispanic, Latina/o and or Chicana/o Background
- Currently serving as an untenured, tenure-track faculty member with priority given to applicants in years one, two, or three
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a defined area of scholarship
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the enhancement of Latinas/os in higher education
The AAHHE/Ford Multidisciplinary Faculty Fellowship includes:
- Conference registration fees
- Special events
- Hotel accommodations
- Travel (funds available for faculty unable to secure additional support from their departments)
Fellowship recipients are expected to participate in the following:
- Attend the entire conference (including special events sponsored by AAHHE)
- Provide staffing support for AAHHE activities (interact with other AAHHE members)
- Provide an unpublished manuscript for review by a senior faculty member
- Participate in all Faculty Fellows activities
Applications are due by Friday, September 23, 2016 by 5pm(EST).
Click here for the application.
If you would like more information, please contact Faculty Fellows Co-Chairs, Luis Urrieta and Rebeca Burciaga via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.