|2012-2013 GRADUATE STUDENT CONFERENCE FELLOWSHIP
Announcement: The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Inc.
is now accepting applications for the AAHHE Graduate Student Fellows Program for the 2013
AAHHE National Conference: "Toward a Latino Attainment Agenda: Shaping our Own Destiny."
The conference will be held March 28-30, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. Participation in the fellowship program will begin on Tuesday March 26th, continue
throughout the conference, and end on the evening of Saturday March 30th.
AAHHE Graduate Student Fellowship Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be Hispanic and/or Latina/o;
- Be enrolled in full-time graduate study in a master's or doctoral program;
- Demonstrate academic potential through past experiences and future career goals;
- Aspire to enter the college/university professoriate and/or administration;
- Exhibit a track record of service to the Hispanic and/or Latina/o community.
- Be willing to actively participate in and commit to attend every GSFP event (please see tentative agenda below).
The AAHHE Graduate Student Fellowship includes conference registration fees, special
events, hotel accommodations, and travel funding. AAHHE will extend invitations to 18 fully
Graduate Fellowship recipients are expected to engage throughout the conference through
- Participate in all fellowship program and conference events (March 26th - March 30th);
- Present research work in research symposium and/or poster session;
- Provide staffing support for AAHHE activities and interact with AAHHE members and conference attendees;
- Engage in informal discussions on research interests with AAHHE members;
- Develop a Policy Brief under the guidance of an AAHHE member by May 20, 2013.
Graduate Student Fellows Application Procedures:
To apply for an AAHHE Graduate Student Fellowship, submit the following materials no later
than Friday, September 28, 2012 by 5pm (EST):
- Application form
- Statement of interest (no more than 2 single-spaced pages or 1,000 words)
- Research Topic (no more than 150 words)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- One letter of support from an advisor, supervisor, or faculty member (additional letters
will not be considered)
Please Note: Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials are submitted no later than
the stated deadline to be considered for this fellowship. Late applications will not be considered.
AAHHE will notify recipients by Friday, November 4th regarding the status of their application.
Online application available here.
Click here for printer-friendly version.
If you would like more information, please contact Nancy Acevedo-Gil, Graduate Student Fellows
Program Chair, via e-mail at email@example.com.