The quality of the NLA Fellowship experience is contingent on the fellows' participation
in each of the carefully designed residential sessions and online collaborations.
Selected NLA Fellows are expected to:
- Attend the NLA Orientation that will take place at the American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE) National Pre-Conference on March 9, 2017 in Irvine, CA.
- Participate in a four-day Mid-Year Retreat to be held at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI on June 13-16, 2017.
- Contribute and complete a series of online learning modules and webinars that will take place periodically throughout the yearlong experience.
- Attend a Concluding Retreat that will take place at the AAHHE National Pre-Conference on March 10, 2018 in Irvine, CA.
In addition, we ask that NLA Fellows pay for their own travel costs to and from program activities. This means that all costs associated with travel to the
Orientation, Mid-Year Retreat, and Concluding Retreat, including airfare, ground transportation, meals and lodging are to be covered by the fellow
There are limited NLA scholarships available. Apply for a scholarship here.
Benefits To The Fellows
The New Leadership Academy Fellowship Program provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Affiliate with one of the country's leading centers for higher education scholarship and practice and become a part of a select group
who will be invited to take part in ongoing seminars and conferences on emerging issues in higher education.
- Interact with distinguished faculty, senior administrators, and policy makers drawn from a variety of institutions and national associations.
- Acquire specialized knowledge and tools needed to provide highly effective leadership within complex institutional settings.
- Build a network of future executive leaders who will be stewards for the future of higher education.